INSIDE SALES REP
Canalyst is looking for a motivated sales rep to join our startup team and be a key contributor to our high-growth company. We’re transforming the way financial professionals use their time; our clients trust in us and love our products. If you enjoy helping people and are passionate about growing your sales career in financial technology, this could be a great fit!
Key criteria: competitive, track record of success, people person, passion for tech + capital markets.
- Prospect into senior and executive-level contacts
- Qualify and close new business opportunities
- Maintain meticulous opportunity records in the CRM
- Collaborate with sales leadership on identifying, testing, and implementing best practices
- Develop and maintain your product and market expertise and share it with your teammates
- A demonstrated ability to achieve sales quotas
- Interest in technology and capital markets
- An outgoing, engaging personality
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to learn in a fast-paced startup
- Ambitious, independent, self-starter, conscientious, and detail-oriented
Bonus points: Sales experience in a startup environment.
Canalyst brings equity research and technology together to modernize the financial industry. Our software platform gives smaller firms tools usually only accessible to the big payers: our clients save time, have unprecedented insight, and ultimately are more confident in their investment decisions.
Our sales team is a high-performing group of focused, dedicated, and easy-going professionals who love to learn, win, and celebrate. If this sounds like a team you’d like to work with, please contact us – we’d love to hear from you! Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org describing why you think this is a great fit and include a PDF resume or a link to your LinkedIn profile.
EQUITY RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
Canalyst is looking for Equity Research Associates to join our growing team in Vancouver. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to increase their knowledge of the capital markets through a variety of extremely valuable assignments, including:
- Creating detailed financial models on both existing and new coverage
- Conducting historical financial statement analysis and future period forecasting
- Interacting with our buyside and sellside clients on company-specific questions and requests
- Providing general research and other company/industry due diligence
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, such as investment banking, equity research, investment management, private equity, accounting, or consulting
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, most likely a B.Comm
- Completion or progress towards a CFA or similar designation
- Very strong Microsoft Excel skills; knowledge of VBA is a plus
- Great work ethic and positive attitude
- Takes pride in exceptional accuracy, especially when working to a tight deadline
By bringing equity research and technology together, Canalyst makes generating independent research more efficient and helps generate higher-conviction investment ideas. We’re an energetic team with a healthy obsession with accuracy and a love of stocks and technology. Our downtown Vancouver, Canada, office offers the best of both worlds: the networking and learning opportunities of the financial industry, combined with the pace, excitement, and perks of a tech startup. If this sounds like a good fit for your goals, skills, and experience, we’d love to hear from you! Please apply by email to email@example.com.
MAREKETING CONTENT COORDINATOR
Canalyst is looking for a Marketing Content Coordinator to join our growing team in Vancouver. The successful candidate will get hands on experience executing a variety of marketing activities, while working closely with the marketing team to create rich industry-specific marketing content. Expand your knowledge of financial services and technology by learning integral lead generating and brand-building activities.
- Managing social media channels such as LinkedIn and Twitter
- Lead generation through targeted content across a number of channels, including SEO, online and traditional advertising, referral campaigns, and partnerships
- Blog and copy coordination
- Coordinate nurture campaigns and client communications
- Writing SEO optimized copy for a wide variety of marketing materials
- Liaise with our Client Success and Sales teams to curate topical content that resonates with our client base and target market
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- 2-5 years of relevant hands-on experience executing marketing activities
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, communications, finance, or equivalent experience
- Self-starter with a passion for learning and the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Creative thinker with strong attention to detail
- Exceptional work ethic and adaptability
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- MS Office proficiency
- Experience with website and CMS is a plus
- Finance industry experience is an asset
By bringing equity research and technology together, Canalyst makes generating independent research more efficient and results in higher-conviction investment ideas. We’re an energetic team with a healthy obsession with accuracy and a love of stocks and technology. Our downtown Vancouver, Canada, office offers networking and learning opportunities, combined with the pace, excitement, and perks of a technology startup. If this sounds like a good fit for your goals, skills, and experience, we’d love to hear from you! Please apply by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIRECTOR OF SALES, EAST – NYC / BOSTON / CHICAGO / TORONTO
We’re a high-growth equity research technology start-up that serves some of the world’s best buyside professionals – and we’re looking for exceptional sales people to build our East Coast presence.
Canalyst is transforming the way financial professionals access and use fundamental data. Our financial model database allows fund managers and analysts to transform their investment process, enabling them to be nimbler, expand their coverage, and ultimately generate higher-conviction ideas. Clients trust us to provide timely and accurate data along with an unparalleled level of customer service.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial hunter with a record of overachievement, deep personal network of senior buyside professionals, passion for technology and the capital markets, and a well-managed competitive streak. It is imperative that you have both an understanding of the research process at hedge funds and mutual funds, but also that you’re driven to help these firms adapt to the rapidly changing environment that all active managers are facing.
If you’re a thoughtful, high-integrity closer who wants to represent and sell a product that world-class fund managers use and truly love, this could be a great fit.
What you’ll do:
- Prospect: find senior and executive-level buyside contacts
- Hunt: qualify and close new business opportunities
- Document: help develop sales materials, document best practices, and maintain account records in the company CRM so that we can all learn from your success
- Refine: work very closely with the company’s founders to relay client feedback to continuously improve our product, company, and sales strategy
- Learn: develop and maintain your product and market expertise, and share that knowledge with your teammates
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 5 years’ sales experience directly to the buyside
- Consistent quota outperformance
- Domain knowledge: equity research process and tools specifically, and familiarity with the buyside in general
- Ability to navigate a deal: uncover true objections, unlock new spend, and know when & how to close
- Excellent communication skills: you must effectively cultivate & manage relationships with high-profile fund managers and junior analysts alike
- Ability to think creatively, work independently, collaborate heavily across teams, and focus on opportunities for growth
- Desire to work in an extremely fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial start-up environment (and an appreciation for the trade-offs/constraints of working in said environment!)
What you’ll get:
- Very competitive compensation structure – equity, salary, generous & uncapped commission plan, benefits, and three weeks paid vacation
- An opportunity to make a direct impact on the growth and value of an exciting young company in the emerging equity research tech space
- Work from home (or wherever you choose, in territory), plus regular visits to our head office, located in beautiful Vancouver, Canada
Please apply by e-mail to email@example.com; this role reports directly to the CEO.
“Canalyst is a fantastic company for people who are excited about building something awesome. If you love fast-paced, fun, collaborative work environments full of smart people committed to excellence, Canalyst is the place for you.”
– Ashley Hargreaves, Employee