EQUITY RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
Canalyst is looking for Equity Research Associates to join our growing team in Vancouver. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to increase their knowledge of the capital markets through a variety of extremely valuable assignments, including:
- Creating detailed financial models on both existing and new coverage
- Conducting historical financial statement analysis and future period forecasting
- Interacting with our buyside and sellside clients on company-specific questions and requests
- Providing general research and other company/industry due diligence
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, such as investment banking, equity research, investment management, private equity, accounting, or consulting
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, most likely a B.Comm
- Completion or progress towards a CFA or similar designation
- Very strong Microsoft Excel skills; knowledge of VBA is a plus
- Great work ethic and positive attitude
- Takes pride in exceptional accuracy, especially when working to a tight deadline
By bringing equity research and technology together, Canalyst makes generating independent research more efficient and helps generate higher-conviction investment ideas. We’re an energetic team with a healthy obsession with accuracy and a love of stocks and technology. Our downtown Vancouver, Canada, office offers the best of both worlds: the networking and learning opportunities of the financial industry, combined with the pace, excitement, and perks of a tech startup. If this sounds like a good fit for your goals, skills, and experience, we’d love to hear from you! Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRODUCT MANAGER – EQUITY RESEARCH SOFTWARE
Canalyst is a high-growth equity research technology startup that serves some of the world’s best buyside investment professionals – and we’re looking for an exceptional product manager to join our growing team.
As the Product Manager, you will report directly to our VP of Product and will work closely with team members from across the company.
This is an opportunity to make a direct impact on the growth and value of an exciting young company in the emerging finance technology space. If you are passionate about the intersection of finance, marketing and technology then this will be a great fit.
What you’ll do:
- Be our product champion
- Conduct market research, including competitive intelligence and identification of potential partners and vendors
- Collaborate with the sales team to gather client and industry feedback on product use and improvements
- Participate in the strategic product planning process and roadmap development
- Work with the engineering and equity research teams to develop product requirements, manage delivery schedules against the roadmap, and verify functionality
- Develop marketing materials and user guides
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the finance industry or in a product management role
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, work independently, collaborate across teams, and focus on opportunities for growth
- A desire to work in an extremely fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial startup environment (and an appreciation for the tradeoffs/constraints of working in said environment!)
- Interest in finance and capital markets
- An outgoing, engaging personality
- Degree in Business Administration/Commerce
- Experience with accounting and financial modeling
- Previous experience with product management for a B2B SaaS product
- Excited about working in a startup environment
Located in the heart of Vancouver’s financial district, we are close to some of the city’s top restaurants and boast a beautiful view of the North Shore Mountains. Our kitchen is always stocked with fresh fruit, great coffee, and the occasional sweet treat.
Our team consists of passionate professionals dedicated to disrupting the status quo of the financial industry. As a company, we provide our staff with the tools and support they need to succeed, grow, and work independently. In addition to monthly Lunch ‘n Learns, every staff member is granted an annual professional development budget to further their skills in finance, engineering, and other work-related qualifications.
We are a team that works hard but never forget to have fun! Please apply by email to email@example.com.
DIRECTOR OF SALES, EAST – NYC / BOSTON / CHICAGO / TORONTO
We’re a high-growth equity research technology start-up that serves some of the world’s best buyside professionals – and we’re looking for exceptional sales people to build our East Coast presence.
Canalyst is transforming the way financial professionals access and use fundamental data. Our financial model database allows fund managers and analysts to transform their investment process, enabling them to be nimbler, expand their coverage, and ultimately generate higher-conviction ideas. Clients trust us to provide timely and accurate data along with an unparalleled level of customer service.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial hunter with a record of overachievement, deep personal network of senior buyside professionals, passion for technology and the capital markets, and a well-managed competitive streak. It is imperative that you have both an understanding of the research process at hedge funds and mutual funds, but also that you’re driven to help these firms adapt to the rapidly changing environment that all active managers are facing.
If you’re a thoughtful, high-integrity closer who wants to represent and sell a product that world-class fund managers use and truly love, this could be a great fit.
What you’ll do:
- Prospect: find senior and executive-level buyside contacts
- Hunt: qualify and close new business opportunities
- Document: help develop sales materials, document best practices, and maintain account records in the company CRM so that we can all learn from your success
- Refine: work very closely with the company’s founders to relay client feedback to continuously improve our product, company, and sales strategy
- Learn: develop and maintain your product and market expertise, and share that knowledge with your teammates
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 5 years’ sales experience directly to the buyside
- Consistent quota outperformance
- Domain knowledge: equity research process and tools specifically, and familiarity with the buyside in general
- Ability to navigate a deal: uncover true objections, unlock new spend, and know when & how to close
- Excellent communication skills: you must effectively cultivate & manage relationships with high-profile fund managers and junior analysts alike
- Ability to think creatively, work independently, collaborate heavily across teams, and focus on opportunities for growth
- Desire to work in an extremely fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial start-up environment (and an appreciation for the trade-offs/constraints of working in said environment!)
What you’ll get:
- Very competitive compensation structure – equity, salary, generous & uncapped commission plan, benefits, and three weeks paid vacation
- An opportunity to make a direct impact on the growth and value of an exciting young company in the emerging equity research tech space
- Work from home (or wherever you choose, in territory), plus regular visits to our head office, located in beautiful Vancouver, Canada
Please apply by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; this role reports directly to the CEO.
“Canalyst is a fantastic company for people who are excited about building something awesome. If you love fast-paced, fun, collaborative work environments full of smart people committed to excellence, Canalyst is the place for you.”
– Ashley Hargreaves, Employee